Fall is a great time to head outdoors with your dog. There are so many fun fall-centric activities your dog will enjoy.
Here are a few of the things at the top of my list for this month.
Go on vacation
With the start of the new school year still visible in the rearview mirror and the preparation for all the
end-of-the-year holidays ahead, it is truly a fantastic time to travel.
A great place to find dog-friendly hotels or plan fun activities with your dog, I recommend BringFido. The world’s leading pet travel and lifestyle brand connects millions of pet owners around the globe with more than 250,000 pet-friendly businesses and locations.
Go on a picnic
This time os year is perfect for enjoying a relaxing afternoon picnic. And your dog will love it too. After all, picnics check all the doggie-friendly boxes: fun,
fresh air, and food! Speaking of food, even if you plan on sharing some of your own, be sure to bring something special for your dog.
How do you feel about a barkuterie board? It’s a charcuterie board for your dog!
Here are some fun ways to design your pup’s personal treat board:
- Fruits – apples, berries, bananas, mangoes, peaches, and watermelon
- Vegetables – broccoli, green beans, celery, carrots, and leafy greens
- Cheese – in small amounts
- A dipping/lapping sauce made of plain yogurt, pureed vegetables, fresh or canned dog food, and low-sodium peanut butter
- Freeze-dried or cooked meats like low-sodium turkey, chicken, beef, or salmon
- A selection of treats like jerky, dental chews, bully sticks, and biscuits
Or, try ordering a board from Barkuterie Miami.
Go trick-or-treating or to a costume party.
Halloween gives you the perfect excuse to dress up your dog. And there are creative ideas for every size dog. Of course, trust your instinct as a pet parent and dress your pet as little or as much as you know they’ll tolerate.
Take advantage of these last few weeks before the holiday season is upon us to spend quality time relaxing with your pup.
Do you have favorite activities?
I would love to connect and swap ideas.