Dogs need exercise just like we do. And, also like us, they need a good diet to stay healthy and fit.
The best doggie diets contain a balance of protein, fat, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals.
Approximately 20% of dogs are genetically predisposed to or develop food intolerances. So, how can you ensure your dog is getting the nutrients they need?
Here are 5 tips:
- Make sure you’re feeding your dog the recommended amount based on their weight and activity level.
- Limit treats and table scraps.
- Add healthy fruits, vegetables, and variety to their diet.
- Rotate the protein source. Feeding your dog the same foods over and over again can lead to an overreaction to that protein and cause skin disorders and inflammatory bowel disease.
- And, of course, make sure they get plenty of exercise!
Talk to your veterinarian about what type of food, especially protein, is best for your dog.
The quality of the food you feed your furry friends can affect the longevity and quality of their life. So, be choosy with their meals, and get out there and enjoy a walk with your dog!
All the best,
Melissa & Remy 🌴